I've been using Visual Studio ever since. Coding in C++ and have since moved to C# when that came into existance.
Do I use component? Yes.
Which ones then?
I've also used DevExpress reports, but they peg the CPU to 100% on the webservers when exporting an excel spreadsheet with a lot of data in them, and more often than not, cause a timeout on the ASPX page. So I don't like to use them anymore.
My essential toolkit consists of:
- SVN - Subversion source control http://subversion.tigris.org/
- Winrar http://www.rarlab.com/
- Colour Schemer (web design) http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html
- SQL Prompt http://www.red-gate.com/
- ANTS Profiler http://www.red-gate.com/
- NUnit http://www.nunit.org/
- Microsoft Visual Studio http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/vstudio/default.aspx
- Microsoft SQL Server http://www.microsoft.com/sql/default.mspx
- Microsoft Office http://office.microsoft.com/
- Fiddler http://www.fiddlertool.com/fiddler/
- Expresso regex http://www.ultrapico.com/Expresso.htm
- Hamachi VPN https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp
- FinePrint http://www.fineprint.com/
- All snap http://www.allsnap.org/
- Taskbar shuffle http://www.freewebs.com/nerdcave/taskbarshuffle.htm
- Spinrite http://www.grc.com/spinrite.htm
- ReSharper http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/